Your website uses Widgets to format different types of information you choose to display. For example, you can add: a Twitter feed that dynamically pulls your club’s most recent tweets; a list of your upcoming events that dynamically pulls events from your club’s calendar into a list form; or just add simple text box to display something contact like your club’s daily hours.
Once you set up your widget, you simply drag and drop it to the area on your site where you’d like it to display.
1. Go to the Appearance menu and select Widgets.
2. The next page shows a list of Available Widgets on the left side. The layout options for where you can display your widgets is shown on the right side.
- Note: Displayed Everywhere is the sidebar that is on every page in your site. Please use this for information you’d like to appear in the sidebar, as its universal settings are configured in your site’s Theme Options. (Do not use Sidebar Blog or Sidebar pages.)
Click the small downward-facing arrow in the right hand corner of any of the layout boxes to see any widgets that currently exist in that area.
3. Select the widget you need from the left, and drag it and drop it into the layout area on the right where you would like it to appear.
- Note, while most of the widget titles are self-explanitory, the widget for a simple text box is called Visual Editor.
4. Once it is placed, open the widget to configure its settings by clicking on the small downward-facing arrow in the right hand corner of the widget box.
5. When you are finished, click the blue Save button to update that layout area.