Add a New Product - Global - Discount, Late fee or Penalty
Modified on: Tue, 1 Mar, 2022 at 6:00 AM
Overview - Please refer the overview article under Flat Rate Pricing and watch the video
Discount, Late fee or Penalty Example (this example of for Discount, Late fee or Penalty that are Global)
In this example we will charge our members a late fee of 25 dollars if the member has not paid due by March 1.
Select Products>> Add New>>
1. Fill in the name (as it appears on the the members bill), the Description and the Fee Type
2. Scroll Down>>
3. As you can see Member Splash offers you a range of pricing options (Flat Rate, Per Member, Age & Member Type Based, House Guest and finally User Define) .
4. Global items use the Flat Rate pricing selection with a price variation.
(IMPORTANT NOTE - Use only 1 option when setting up a product. You must decided which pricing option you are going to use. Said another way DO NOT fill in prices for "Flat Rate Pricing" and "per-members" pricing. You can choose to use only one of the pricing options: Flat Rate, Per Member, Age & Member Type, House Guest, etc.
5. Click Flat Rate Pricing and put in a 0 for the price. (NOTE you should have already reviewed the Price Variation video in the Overview article) Filling the late fee under the variation.
6. Be sure to "require" this charge for all applicable account types & for unpaid customers.
7. Now all you need to do is either save the it as a draft for use later OR Publish it to start billing now!